IIT JEE is one of the toughest exams for the aspirants to crack. Every year lakhs of aspirants appear for this examination to give wings to their dreams and reach the pinnacle of success. Though cracking the IIT JEE examination is a win-win situation for any candidate, it takes a lot of effort and dedication achieve success the same. There is a huge misconception among candidates that only sheer dedication and exceptional intelligence can help them taste success. Although hard work is essential, few parameters should also be taken into consideration to crack the IIT examinations.
Let’s look at some effective tips, that can help students achieve success in the IIT-JEE examinations:
- Planning Constructively: Aspirants must check the IIT JEE exam pattern to know what they are up against and then aim to crack it. With proper planning and the right strategy, you can get success in the exams. A good strategy will help you monitor all angles of the problem well before solving it. It will keep you focussed and result in better gains. Set your goals and accordingly make a to-do list. Observe how much you will need to finish your goals in a fixed frame of time. Once you successfully finish your previous goals, you can set more challenging goals for next time.
- Time Management: Time management is one of the major factors to get success in any aspect of life – be it personal and professional. Students must understand their weak points and then calculate how time they should devote each topic. It is very important to devote an equal amount of time to all the three subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Revision is Must: Once you have gained a complete understanding of all the topics, you need to put them into practice. The more you practice, the more perfection you will gain. So even if you are covering your unfinished syllabus, you can simultaneously revise those topics which you have already learned earlier. Allow some time for the revision of your previous subjects.
- Get authentic study material for preparation: The aspirants need to choose relevant books that can guide and help them prepare better because the marketplace is flooded with a lot of books and course material. With so many options available, it is difficult to figure out what is best and what is not. Never go blindly by popular perceptions. Also, never buy too many books cluelessly. It will not only harm your preparation but will also disturb your study pattern.
You can check out Myinsights Jee mock test – an adaptive assessment for the preparation of IIT JEE. It empowers aspirants by providing 4 levels of testing, 500+ topic tests, 80+ chapter tests, 20 mock tests, and previous 10 years JEE papers. With analytics and personalized scoring, it provides a real-time test experience to the aspirants, helps them know their strengths and weaknesses, and makes them IIT-JEE ready.
- Self-Attempt is the right approach: Never check solutions before attempting the question. Try to attempt the questions by yourself at least five times before you peek at the solution. Never leave the question in between. Try to analyze the problem, attempt it and if you fail, check the solution. Be truthful to yourself during these attempts.
- Strengthen Your Basics: A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step, therefore it is always important to start from basics. If your base concepts are not clear, it will be very difficult for you to reach the advanced level. Understanding the basic concepts, practicing them repetitively, and gradually shifting to complex problems is the right way to accelerate your IIT-JEE preparation.
- Keep some time for Relaxation: Plan your daily schedule in a way that you get the time for some relaxation and enjoyment. Adequate sleep of at least 6-7 hours a day is mandatory if you are preparing for IIT-JEE otherwise your mind will not be conducive for studies the next day.
- Get up early in the morning: Though everyone has its study routine, it is always recommended to wake up early in the morning for studies. Keeping your brain active maximum in the morning will help you attempt the examinations better.
- Keep the latest syllabus handy: Always keep the copy of the latest syllabus of the exam. Keep the syllabus right in front and cross-check before starting a new topic.
- Choose friends wisely: A peer group that matches your goals is the best company you should keep during your IIT JEE Preparation. Choose your friends wisely so that you can stay motivated, competitive and up to date with the exam changes and patterns.
Having a schedule is good but maintaining consistency in your studies is the key to crack the examinations. Also, it is very important to have a confident approach and keep yourself motivated during your IIT-JEE journey.